In celebration of the release of the remake, we break the barrier and dig our toes into the sour ground of the original Pet Semetary.
We laughed, we groaned, we kissed 2 hours goodbye. Bury your dead and hope they don’t come back so you can avoid this film!
Need to Watch The Movie?
Hit these links to rent or buy a copy and watch along with us!
(Please note that by purchasing through one of these links, you are directly supporting Welcome 2 Show, and we truly appreciate it!)
Deviant Casting Director
- Fred Gwynne was perfect as Jud
Deviant Script Doctor
- WENDIGO! SHOW ME, THE FUCKING WENDIGO!
- Apparently, the visions that Louis and Ellie have are hints that they possess the Shining
- Is digging up a body in broad daylight the best idea?
It’s Just so Ridiculous!
- Gage was a DJ in the movie Tropic Thunder!?
- Do you think kids playing in horror movies fucks them up?
- How far WAS the Micmac burial ground?
- It’s not the actual Pet Semetary that’s the evil part, it’s the Micmac burial grounds, and it looked like Jud and Louis had to travel FAR to get there.
- Stephen King Failure – The truck that kills Gage was NOT featured in another Stephen King movie: Maximum Overdrive.
- Mom: “He probably went out for a hamburger or a chicken dinner dear. You know how men are when they’re alone!”
The Kim Coppola Award
Awarded to the Finest Worst Actor of the Film
- The Guch: Dale Midkiff as Louis Creed
- Devo: Dale Midkiff as Louis Creed
- God awful acting
- Pussy-fish-like handshake
- The Clintoris: Dale Midkiff as Louis Creed
Winner: Dale Midkiff as Louis Creed
Deviantly Repeatable Quotes
Jud: “Christ on his throne, no!”
Ellie: “It got away from him that dumb shit!”
Devo: “Shout out to (formerly) MicMac goalie sticks! Some of the finest sticks I ever used!”
Clint: “Going back to Lucho’s orchestral magnificence…”
Lucho: “And there’s none in this film!”
Lucho: “I thought, she was gonna be hot again then they showed her face and her eye was looking kinda puss-y. When they didn’t show her puss-y face I was like damn she looked good! Just wash her up, give her a Phantom of the Opera mask and she’s good!”
Join the Conversation!
Make sure to join the conversation on Twitter using #welcome2show. If you enjoyed this episode then make sure to listen to others!
About Our Sponsor
No sponsors yet! Would you like to sponsor our show?
Follow Welcome 2 Show on Twitter: @welcome2show
Follow the Social Deviants on Twitter: @socdeviants
Follow the Social Deviants on Facebook: The Social Deviants
Follow the Social Deviants on Instagram: @socdeviants
This podcast was produced, edited, mixed and mastered by 38 Sounds.
Disclaimer The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this podcast belong solely to the host and guest speakers and are not necessarily representative of the views, thoughts, and opinions held by The Social Deviants.